Cordyceps is a mushroom that has been used by the Chinese for thousands of years, b/c they provide so many health and medical benefits. Research is showing that cordyceps provide anit-aging benefits, boost sexual virility, boost the immune system, improve physical endurance, mental alertness, anti-cancer and support Liver and Lung function.
Just take a look at health care cost between the United States vs. China. Clearly, the Chinese are doing something right when it comes to health. Still not convinced? Well then just read some scientific publications on Cordyceps for further insight.
- Jordan, J.L. Et al. 2010. Activation of innate immunity to reduce lung metastases in breast cancer. Cancer Immunol. Immunother.
- Wong, Y.Y. Et al. 2010. Cordycepin Inhibits Protein Synthesis and Cell Adhesion through Effects on Signal Transduction. Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- Complete Cordyceps Information from Drugs.com
- Xiao-qiang, Z. et al. 2003. Study on the scavenging effect on superoxideanion free radical and hydroxyl free radical and hydroxyl free radical of Cordycep sinensis and mycelium of cultured Cordyceps sinensis. Chinese Journal of Gerontology
- Winkler, D. 2008. Yartsa Gunbu (Cordyceps sinensis) and the Fungal Commodification of Tibet’s Rural Economy. Economic Botany
- Peng R.Y. et al. 2010. Compound Cordyceps TCM-700C exhibits potent hepatoprotective capability in animal model.